Property Interest Reports: What You Need To Know!
What Is A Property Interest Report?
A property interest report, is a smart tool for property professionals, ensuring they can provide accurate information on what interests may impact the use or enjoyment of a property prior to selling it.
If you are a potential buyer, and you don’t receive one of these Reports from the Real Estate Agent, we suggest you order one directly from Landgate before placing an offer on the property.
WHAT YOU NEED TO ORDER:
- Property street address or title number (volume and folio) or lot on plan number
- Debit or credit card
- Email address
When you buy a property in Western Australia, there is no cooling off period. So it’s best you obtain a copy of this Report before placing an offer…
PI REPORTS ARE USEFUL FOR…
- Property professionals to help inform their homebuyers
- Homebuyers to learn more about a property before they buy
- Reducing the need to contact each government department separately
- Knowing which government department to contact for more information.
A PI REPORT GETS YOU…
- All known property interests in one report
- Interests not shown on a Certificate of Title
- Information on land use restrictions that may affect a property
- Details on who to contact if you require more information
- Confidence that you have done your research.
For more information, click here !
The generation of this report greatly helps the sellers to greater compliance with any interests in or of the property, as well as serve to lessen the probability of any breaches of Australian Consumer Law in Western Australia.
If the Real Estate Agent can’t provide you with one, we think this search which currently is charged at $59.00 by Landgate, is an amazing investment and is worth every cent, and you can obtain your own by going directly to Landgate
Remember, when you buy a property in Western Australia, there is no cooling off period. So it’s best you obtain a copy of this Report before placing an offer on a property so that you are aware of everything you need to be to make the most informed decision you possibly can!
If you’ve already had your offer accepted, and we’re handling your settlement for you, we believe you should still order this Report prior to settlement going through, so you know exactly what you are buying